If you are following a ketogenic diet, perhaps, you are getting used to or already used to eating low-carb, high-fat, and moderate protein food. But although you are used to a certain amount of carb, fats, and protein in your foods, perhaps you also feel the need to satisfy your sweet cravings, right?
Satisfying your sweet cravings and staying on a keto diet is possible through fat bombs. But what are fat bombs in the first place?
What are Fat Bombs?
Fat bombs are considered the keto snacks because is t is full of high-fat ingredients. Such ingredients are cream cheese, almond butter, and coconut oil. These ingredients will not simply supply your body with high amounts of fats but will increase satiety, too.
Having almost no carb content, fat bombs are popular among low carb dieters as well as keto dieters.
With keto dieters, moreover, there are people who are struggling to get enough fats from their diet. Luckily, fat bombs are also best at increasing your fat contents with just one sitting if necessary. In fact, after eating just one fat bomb, a dieter should not have a problem with increasing their fat nutrients.
Fat Bombs Recipes
If you just heard about fat bombs, chances are you don’t have any idea where to find it. Good news! You can make your own fat bombs by following the recipes below.
1. Vanilla Ice Cream Keto Coffee Smoothie
Before you raise your eyebrow up seeing a smoothie in a keto diet, listen up. This is not an ordinary smoothie. It is a fat bomb in the form of a smoothie. In fact, per serving of vanilla ice cream keto coffee smoothie contains 32 grams fats, 343 calories, 4 grams proteins, and 2 grams of carbs.
Aside from its nutritional content, the smoothie is extremely delicious because of the taste of vanilla mixed in a creamy coffee smoothie.
This is called a fat bomb because it can boost your fats up.
- 5 ice cubes of coffee
- 1.5 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of MCT oil
- 1/8 teaspoon of stevia
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Using a standard ice cube tray, freeze 12 ounces of coffee in it.
- Once the ice cube, as well as the ingredients, are ready, mix it in a blender until smoothen.
- Transfer in a glass and wait for it to thicken before serving.
2. Pudding Fat Bomb
Eating too much of pudding fat bomb is not advisable. You may go beyond your carb limit if you do so. Nevertheless, a serving of this pudding contains 20 grams fats, 196 calories, and 11 grams carbs.
What you need with this recipe is a heavy whipping cream plus sugar-free Jell-O pack. Normally, a pack of Jell-0 will make up to 4 servings.
- 1 pack of sugar-free Jell-O of any flavor
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- If you know how to make pudding using milk, pudding fat bomb has the same process. You just have to substitute the milk with heavy whipping cream.
3. Coconut Cinnamon Fat Bombs
The process of making this recipe is simple and not time-consuming. Additionally, if you are widely keen of eating coconut flavors, this might be the best fat bombs for you.
Some people don’t want the texture that shredded coconut gives. However, the recipe removes that unwanted texture, thus, you won’t feel the rough texture in your tongue.
Coconut cinnamon fat bombs contain 31.9 grams fats, 341 calories, 3.3 proteins, and 5.3 carbs.
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of coconut butter
- 1 cup of coconut shreds
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- Create a double boiler by putting a few inches of water in a saucepan and placing a glass bowl on the center of it.
- Put all the ingredients on the glass bowl except for the coconut shreds. Use medium heat and wait for the ingredients to melt.
- When the ingredients are melted and well-combined, remove the bowl from the center of the saucepan.
- For about 30 minutes, cool the bowl inside of a fridge. Let it harden until it is enough to roll into balls.
- Make the content into inch balls before rolling it on the shredded coconuts.
- Place it on a plate then refrigerate.
4. Peanut Butter and Chocolate Fat Bomb
Mixing peanut butter and chocolate gives us that wonderful flavor combination we never know existed. This is true to many food perhaps you have eaten before you proceed on a keto diet. However, if you have forgotten the sensation the combination gives your tongue, then this recipe will pull back that taste memory in your mouth.
A serving of PB and chocolate fat bomb will give your 20 grams of fats, 208 calories, 4.4 grams of proteins, and 0.8 grams of carbs.
The recipe is very simple, but you have to add more work with this one. Meaning to say, mixing or stirring the ingredients are necessary for the procedure and not just leave it and let it blend by itself.
- 4 tablespoons of PB fit powder
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- ¼ cup of unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons of hemp seeds
- 28 drops of stevia
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- Combine all dry ingredients with the coconut oil and it will eventually turn into a paste.
- Add stevia, vanilla, and heavy cream into the mixture and mix well. As you mix, the mixture will become slightly creamy.
- Leave the mixture and place some unsweetened coconut shreds on a plate.
- Scoop a mixture and roll it in your hand until it turns into an inch ball. Afterward, roll it in the unsweetened coconut shreds.
- Ready a baking tray and place the balls into it. Cover it with parchment paper.
- Lastly, set the tray into a freezer. Let it stay for about 20 minutes.